The following are key points regarding Salesforce permissions and access to DemandTools and apply to versions 5 and up:
- Access permission is set through your MyValidity account.
- Access permissions are based on user roles which are assigned by MyValidity account admins.
- DemandTools has no limitations on who within a Salesforce org can log in to DemandTools, and respects Salesforce permissions.
- DemandTools requires relevant Salesforce permissions to the object or objects and data a user wishes to work with.
- It is highly recommended that users accessing DemandTools have the "Modify All Data" permission checked on their Salesforce profile.
- Users without "Modify All Data" permission checked on their Salesforce profile will need, at minimum, the "API enabled" permission checked. It is suggested to also have the "View Setup and Configuration" permission checked. If checking this permission is not an option, DemandTools shows an error. The user can close and disregard this error as long as the following is done:
- Show non-standard Users is checked
- Show Only Active Users is unchecked
*To check the boxes mentioned above, navigate to the DemandTools General Settings by selecting the settings icon and then selecting General Settings.