The Duplicate Assessment module helps you to understand the hygiene of your data by providing you with a breakdown of the duplicates in your CRM.
Common use cases
- Regularly review the quality of your existing records
- Re-assess your records after an import to ensure data quality is maintained
- Understand where duplicates tend to pop up in your CRM (leads, for example, versus contacts)
- Ensure the effectiveness of your scheduled Dedupe scenarios
Starting an Assessment
The first time you log in to DemandTools Elements, an Assessment will run automatically and then once a week after that. The frequency of this assessment can be managed within the Scheduled Job that starts with "Default Data Assessment."
To run an assessment outside your scheduled times, select Refresh. This will pull in the latest duplicate data from your CRM immediately.
Understanding your Assessment
In the Duplicate Assessment module, the duplicates in your CRM are broken down by the four most common CRM objects: Leads, Contacts, Accounts, and Opportunities. This helps you identify where problems consistently tend to crop up so you can put data quality measures in place.
For each object, a bar graph will show how many duplicates are identified with high confidence and how many with moderate confidence.
- Includes duplicates found within DemandTools Rigid and Semi-Rigid scenarios
- Matches on 4 or more fields
- Uses strict matching algorithms
- Identifies Opportunities within Accounts
- Exposes the obvious duplicates
- Example: “Acme” matches “Acme, Inc”
- Includes duplicates found within DemandTools Loose scenarios
- Matches on 3 or fewer fields
- Uses relaxed matching algorithms
- Identifies Opportunities shared between Accounts
- Exposes the hard-to-find duplicates
- Example: “TAC” might match “The Acme Corp.”