DemandTools for AppExchange has been designed for and is recommended to be operated on Intel based hardware and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012
- Separate 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available
- Refer to Which Version: 64-bit or 32-bit to determine which version to install based on the OS version type as well as the version of Microsoft Office running on the PC
- Note: Earlier versions of Windows and Windows Server (including earlier versions of Windows Server 2008) DO NOT support TLS 1.2 and therefore are not compatible with DemandTools. Support for TLS 1.2 MUST BE ENABLED for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Please refer to the following Salesforce article for more information on support for TLS 1.2 and instructions on how to enable for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 RT: Salesforce disabling TLS 1.0
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.6.2
- 500 MHz processor (Recommended: 1 GHz or faster)
- 32 Bit Operating System: Minimum of 2 GB RAM (3 GB recommended)
- 32-bit version can only use a maximum of 2GB of RAM
- 64 Bit Operating System: Recommended minimum 8GB RAM
- Starting with Version 2.6 a native 64bit version is available which can utilize up to 32GB of RAM
- Extremely large list customers or those comparing against giant Salesforce databases may consider upgrading to the maximum amount of RAM their operating system supports
- Recommended 64-bit Office when running 64-bit version of DemandTools
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution (this is screen size dependent)
- 200+ MB hard drive space
DemandTools can ONLY be run on a MAC if the user is utilizing VMWare, BootCamp, Parallels or equivalent that supports/runs a Windows environment.
Salesforce User Profile Permissions:
By default, DemandTools users need to be Salesforce Administrators, i.e. have Modify All Data permission enabled on their profile or have an assigned Salesforce Permission Set with the Modify All Data permission enabled.
- Given the power of the tool we highly recommend that all users are administrators
- Non-admin access can be enabled by request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Non-admin users will be limited as to what they can and cannot do within the tool based on their profile permissions and sharing settings in Salesforce.