I got the login error: "You must have administrative rights on this account to use the tools". How do I fix this?
This error message occurs due to one of the following reasons:
1. Your Salesforce profile is not setup as an administrator according to DemandTools standards. For DemandTools to recognize your profile as an admin you must have the "modify all data" permission.
- For more information on how to change Salesforce profile permissions follow this link: https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/creating_and_editing_profiles.htm
2. Your profile has the “modify all data” permission enabled but your Salesforce password has expired and a new one has not yet been entered (or created).
- To check this, try to login to Salesforce with the username and password being used to access DemandTools and see if you are prompted to enter a new password. If you are, go through the steps to create the new password. Then, log into DemandTools again with the new password.
3. If the information above does not account for the error then most likely it is due to a temporary Salesforce API problem and usually resolves itself within a few minutes. Many times the very next log in attempt will work.
Note: DemandTools can be configured to allow non-admin access; this is by request only.