I am getting a pop-up message when attempting to process an update in MassEffect that is causing my update to be aborted. What does it mean and how can I resolve?
"Restore / MergeData file could not be created. MassEffect cannot continue. MassEffect could only download XX records of the XX requested so the process was aborted."
This message occurs when a complete restore file CANNOT be created.
Things that can cause this:
- DemandTools cannot match one or more of the records in the input file to existing records in Salesforce. For example, one or more record in the spreadsheet has been deleted, or is otherwise not found.
- A field in a previously saved mapping no longer exists in Salesforce, but is still showing in MassEffect due to "Update Newly Added Fields" not having been selected since the field was deleted.
- An API or internet hiccup that interrupts the download of records to the restore file which would result in a partial restore file
What to check/try:
- Try again. If it was an API or internet hiccup, it was likely temporary and a second attempt will work.
- Remove any ID's from the input file that no longer exist in Salesforce. This can be done by running the file through Find/Report ID's (match ID from the input file to ID on the table you are attempting to update). Then export the matching records ONLY and process that file in MassEffect.
- Check the logfile for a SOAP exeption on Retrieve:
- "SOAP Exeption",,Retreive,,,,,"INVALID_FIELD...No such column 'TestDeletedField__c' on entity 'Account'
- If found, select "Update Newly Added Fields" in MassEffect and then reload the scenario. A pop-up message will indicate that the deleted field(s) could not be found in Salesforce.
- Re-save the scenario to avoid the error in the future
1. The option to create a restore file can also be manually unchecked, but this is not recommended as NO restore file will be created for the update.
2. If the error was due to item #2 under causes (a deleted field) the update will "complete" with errors. The logfile will report a SOAP exception stating that the field could not be found and the entire batch was not processed: "Batch update failure. 100 records were not updated".
3. Updating Tasks/Events/Content, etc.: If more than 10% of the records in the input file are ARCHIVED Tasks/Events, you will need to uncheck the option to create a restore file to proceed with the update. Archived records CAN be updated in MassEffect as long as no restore file is created.