Field Rules make it easy to automate field based custom merges in the Single Table Dedupe module. The video below offers a quick tutorial of how to set up field rules along with some common use cases. Field rules are covered in their entirety in the Single Table Dedupe Advanced Concepts Webinar.
Field Rule Options include:
- Set to Null
- Add Constant
- Oldest Record
- Newest Record
- Most Recently Modified
- Regex Match
- Sum/Largest/Smallest/Average (number fields)
- Oldest/Newest (date fields)
- Most Common (only looks at populated fields)
- Custom Scoring
- Update if Empty Scoring
- FieldCopyUnique/FieldCopyUniqueScoring (only copies unique values that do not match the master
- Great for populating alternate email or phone fields)
- FieldCopyUniqueMerge when copying to a Text Area or Long Area Text field (Copies multiple unique values and MERGES them with any existing values)
For the full Field Rule documentation click here.
Need Single Table Dedupe training? View a previously recorded session.