Various results files are created when processing is complete. The types of files created will depend on the operation performed, if "Use Bulk API" was checked, and/or if errors occurred during processing.
Note: When Use Bulk API is checked Success, Error, Combined Success/Error files can be created for any of the operations supported by the Bulk API. Detailed information on these files can be found in the Bulk API documentation.
Log File: All Operations
- When a job completes a results screen will be displayed with a count of any errors encountered along with a link to the log file. If the job completes with errors, refer to the log file as to the source of the errors
- To quickly locate the error in the log file search for "status code"
- One log file is created per day (the most recent information is at the bottom of the log file)
Restore Files: Update/Upsert
- If the Restore File option is selected, a Restore File with the data as it was, before processing changes, will be created
- More information on restore files can be found HERE
IdSave/Upsert Files: Insert/Upsert
- When inserting new records, WITHOUT Bulk API, an IdSave file will be created which contains ALL the input data PLUS the Salesforce ID's for the newly created records
- If an error occurred that prevented the insert from completing the word "Error" will be shown in place of the newly created ID along with the error message returned by the Salesforce API.
- When upserting records, WITHOUT Bulk API, an Upsert file will be created which contains ALL the input data PLUS the Salesforce ID's for the updated/newly created records.
- If an error occurred that prevented the update/insert from completing the UpsertedID column will be blank
- The error message returned by the Salesforce API will be shown in the Error column
Update Files: Update
- When errors are encountered when updating records, WITHOUT Bulk API, an Update file will be created containing any failed rows.
- The file will contain the Salesforce ID of the records it was attempting to update, the error that was returned by the Salesforce API and ALL the input data
- The failed rows can then be corrected and processed back through MassEffect