EmailConnect is your email verification tool within DemandTools. By using this tool, you can verify large amounts of email addresses stored within the Contact and Lead objects in Salesforce. This service gives Sales, Marketing, Services and Operations the insights needed to take the appropriate action on contacts and leads, whether it be lead generation, Salesforce data cleanup or pre-screening before client engagement.
Users that DO NOT have the "Modify All Data" permission on their Salesforce profile will need to have "Modify All" permission on the Lead and Contact objects in order to update the Email Status and Verification Date custom fields with the results of the verification. Not having the appropriate permissions will result in the loss of verification data.
Capabilities and Features
- Record selection for verification
- Bulk email verification
- Publication of verification results back to Salesforce
- Archive invalid contacts and leads from Salesforce to promote Sales efficiency
- Add clients with invalid emails to a demand marketing program, finding the client at their new place of employment and engaging with them
- Use email quality as a driver for lead scoring
EmailConnect will update your contact/lead records with verification statuses. The status values are: Valid, Invalid, Accept All and Unknown. Click HERE for more information about the status values.
The following volume limits apply:
1. No more than 100K emails can be verified in a single pass.
2. No more the 400K emails can be verified in a calendar month.
The EmailConnect module can be found in the Discovery category and is available with DemandTools Version 2.9 and later. While EmailConnect will be accessible to all customers, only customers who have purchased the Validity Connect bundle will be able to verify records (as well as utilize the native verification app within Salesforce). To learn more about our offerings, please contact email@example.com.
The following message will be shown in red in Step 2, and the Verify Records option will be greyed out, if the Connect bundle has not been purchased:
Step 1: Record Selection
1. Select the object (contacts or leads) that you want to verify
2. Select the email field that you want to verify
3. Add conditions for those emails (optional)
- More information on creating conditions can be found HERE
- Scenarios can be saved and loaded for future use
Click in the bottom right hand corner to move to Step 2.
Step 2: Record Treatment and Verification Results
Records where the selected email field is populated will be downloaded. A record count and estimated duration to complete the verification will be displayed.
1. Select the fields to be updated with the Verification Status and Date.
- Users will need to have created custom fields in Salesforce to store this information.
- Status: Text(20) or Picklist field
- Picklist values: Valid, Invalid, Accept_All, Unknown
- Date: Date or Date/Time field
- Status: Text(20) or Picklist field
2. Press Verify Records to process all records.
3. A completion message with a link to the logfile and restore file will be displayed when the verification and record update is complete.
4. Results with counts by status will be displayed after clicking OK on the completion message.
Logging and Restore Files
The log file will contain the count of records verified along with timestamps indicating when the process began, and completed.
2018-11-26T12:22:11-07:00,EmailConnect,"Verified Record Count : ",226,,,,,,"Number of records that are verified with BV and saved to SalesForce".
Additionally a restore file will be created that contains the record ID's that were updated, email address that was verified, and the data that was in the verification fields PRIOR to the update.