For customers that use an external email vendor that is NOT integrated with Salesforce, you can quickly and easily process email opt outs:
- Create a spreadsheet with all the email addresses that have opted out from a particular email blast.
- Use the spreadsheet as your input to MassEffect.
- Right click on the email field in the Contact/Lead object to set this as the unique key instead of the Salesforce ID field.
- Map the email address from the spreadsheet to the email address in the Contact/Lead object, and then right click on the Email Opt Out and use "Add Constant" to set the field equal to "True".
- This will update ALL records that have that particular email. So if there are multiple records with the same email they will ALL be updated.