I need to find all the Contacts that do not have any Opportunities, Tasks, Events, Cases, or Campaigns associated with them, can this be done with DemandTools?
Yes this can be done but it is a multi step process using the MassImpact Object Count Tab (in the "Update Value" section on Screen 2) to count up the sub objects first.
Once the sub objects have been counted, MassEffect can be used to export the Contacts where the counts are 0.
NOTE: These instructions are specific to Contacts and the specified sub objects listed in the "Question" but can be adjusted accordingly for any table and specific sub objects (e.g. find Account with NO Opportunities or Contacts). Custom objects can also be selected as sub objects to be counted.
Here are the steps to do this:
- Create custom fields in Salesforce on the Contact table for each sub object to be counted.
- NOTE: To count the number of Opportunities linked to Contact use the "OpportunityContactRole" table. To count the number of related Campaigns use the "CampaignMember" table.
- Logout and back into DemandTools for the fields to show in MassImpact, and use the Object Count Tab to count up the specified sub objects and place the result in the new custom count fields.
- More information on MassImpact and the Object Count Tab can be found here. There is a "Quick Link" to go directly to that section of the document.
- Use MassEffect to export the Contacts where the counts are 0, i.e.:
- Opportunity_Count__c = 0
- Task_Count__c = 0
- Event_Count__ = 0
- Case_Count__c = 0
- Campaign_Count__c = 0
All conditions will be AND'd together, so this will export the Contacts where all 5 of these counts are 0.
More information on how to export in MassEffect can be found here.