I need to have someone review the list of duplicates prior to merging. Can I export the grid results, send them to a colleague to mark which records should be merged and the desired master record, then read the spreadsheet back into Single Table Dedupe?
The grid results can be exported, using the "Export Grid Data" button on Screen #3. However, the spreadsheet CANNOT be read directly back into Single Table Dedupe with the users selection of records to be merged and which record should be the master record.
There is a work around to "Flag" Master selections using MassEffect, refind the matches in Single Table Dedupe, and then use a custom Master Rule based on the "Flag" to select which groups should be merged picking the desired record as the master. Here are the steps:
- Run a Single Table Dedupe scenario and find matches (save the scenario).
- "Export Grid Data" to a spreadsheet (can use either export option, but "formatted file" will retain the grouping).
- Add a column called "Master" to the spreadsheet in which the users can populate with "True" for the record they wish to keep as the Master. If they do not wish to merge a particular group just leave the "Master" column blank for ALL records in that duplicate group.
- Sort the spreadsheet by master column so all "Masters" float to the top. Place this information into a separate spreadsheet.
- NOTE: If using the "formatted" export file, will need to highlight the entire spreadsheet and "unmerge" cells first in excel, then sort by the master column. Also, be sure the save the new spreadsheet as xls, xlsx or csv (not xml).
- Create a custom boolean (True/False) field in Salesforce on the object you are de-duping and name the field "Master".
- Use MassEffect and the spreadsheet that holds the denoted master records to place a "True" value in the custom "Master" field.
- Select "Update Existing Records" as the operation on the right
- Map the ID column to the ID field
- Map the "Master" column to the custom field
- Re-run the saved Single Table Dedupe scenario to re-find the matches.
- Create a Custom Master Rule, to select the master where the "Master" flag equals True.
- CHECK THE BOX TO "USE SCORE DELTA" AND SET TO 1
- Apply the rule to all records.
- NOTE: Only the groups where a "Master" was selected by the user will checked and be given green and red pins (green=master; red=non-masters) indicating the group will be merged. All unchecked groups with gray pins are the records that did not have a denoted master in the spreadsheet and will NOT be merged when you select "Merge Checked Objects". If "Use Score Delta" in the custom rule is NOT checked then groups that were not assigned a master record will result in a tie. The first record in the group will be selected as the master, and ALL groups will be merged.
- Select "Merge Checked Records" to complete the merge.