How do I create Tasks using DemandTools?
MassEffect can be used to insert new Task records. The table is called Tasks in the API (not Activities). Make sure the operation on the right is set to "Insert New Records", and have a spreadsheet with desired field data.
NOTE: Any data that will be the SAME across all Tasks does not need to be in the input file. The "Add Constant" option can be used for these fields.
Here are some tips when inserting new Tasks:
- To associate the Task to another object, include a "WhatID" and/or "WhoID" column in the file. This should contain the ID for the object(s) the Tasks should be linked to
- WhatId: ID of a related Account, Opportunity, Campaign, Case, or custom object
- WhoId: ID of a related Contact or Lead.
- NOTE: If the WhoId refers to a Lead, then the WhatId field must be empty.
- To assign the Tasks to a specific owner, map the Salesforce User ID for the owner to the "Assigned to ID" field
- If nothing is mapped to this field the Tasks will be owned by the user that performed the insert
- Due Date should be mapped to the Due Date Only [Activity Date] field.
- NOTE: The End Date field is used for recurring Tasks only.