Is it possible to enable non-admin access via DemandTools?
Yes, non-admin access to DemandTools can be enabled for an organization by request only.
- It is highly recommended that users accessing DemandTools have "Modify All Data" checked on their profile. This is the typical access level for System Administrators and what is required by DemandTools to see a user as an admin.
- Users without "Modify All Data" checked on their profile will need, at minimum, "API enabled" permissions. Non-admin user access to Salesforce data via DemandTools will be dictated by the user's Salesforce profile permissions and sharing settings.
- When the "allow non-admin" option is enabled for DemandTools a list of Salesforce User IDs (15 or 18 digit 005XXX IDs, NOT the usernames) for all users that require access will need to be provided to Validity to ensure that non-authorized users cannot log in.
- This includes the IDs for those with and without the "modify all data" permission, i.e. ALL USERS WHO REQUIRE ACCESS.
- Anytime user access changes (i.e. the addition of a new or removal of an existing user), the Salesforce ID will need to be sent to us so we can add/delete from the list of authorized users.
- To request that the "allow non-admin" option be enabled for your organization, please email email@example.com OR click on the Chat with an Expert feature on the Home Page of the Community. Be sure to include the list of authorized user IDs with your request and the Org IDs for which this access should be enabled.