How do I insert multiple lines of address data to the street field?
When inserting street address data via the Salesforce API there is only one "street" field to map to. In order to have the input data match the Salesforce format, concatenate the fields in your spreadsheet separated by a carriage return prior to importing.
To do this:
- Create a new column in your spreadsheet for the full street address
- Type the following formula in the first cell on the new column:
- (assumes AddressLine1 and AddressLine2 are in A1 and B1 respectively, adjust the formula based on your columns)
- Cut and paste the formula down all the rows of data
- OPTIONAL: Copy and paste special (values) over the new column, so that the actual values are in the column vs. the formula
- This is optional since if the formula is left in the field it will still import the data correctly. May want to copy and paste just to confirm in the spreadsheet itself that the fields are actually separated by a carriage return/line feed.
- Map this concatenated address to the appropriate "street" field