Can I upload Content using MassEffect?
Yes. Files and URL's can be uploaded and placed into Libraries. Starting in version 2.7 the BULK API zip method for uploading files is available with Content and is the recommended method when uploading Content.
NOTE: This document was based on the Salesforce Data Loader instructions for uploading Content: Upload Content with the Data Loader. Changes made reflect DemandTools Terminology but the process is the same.
When you upload a document from your local drive, you must specify the actual path in the VersionData and PathOnClient fields in the input file. VersionData identifies the location and extracts the format and PathOnClient identifies the type of document being uploaded.
When you upload a link, you must specify the URL in ContentUrl. Do not use PathOnClient or VersionData to upload links.
- Create an input file with the following fields:
- Title - the name of the file as you want it to display
- Description - (optional) text field for description.
- VersionData - complete file path on your local drive (for uploading documents only)
- PathOnClient - complete file path on your local drive (for uploading documents only)
- ContentUrl - URL (for uploading links only).
- OwnerId - (optional) file owner, defaults to the user uploading the file.
- FirstPublishLocationId - library ID
- To determine the libraryID, click on the library in the Salesforce User Interface and grab the ID from the Salesforce URL.
- RecordTypeId - content type ID.
- If you publish to a library that has restricted content types, you must specify RecordTypeID
- To determine the RecordTypeId values for your organization export from the RecordType table where SobjectType=ContentVersion (can use MassEffect to export).
- Step 2: Insert into the ContentVersion Object Using MassEffect
- Check the "Use Bulk API" option and select insert as the operation on the right
- Right click on the ContentVersion table in the middle and select "auto-map" to map your fields from the input file (or optionally click the + sign to the left of the ContentVersion table and then manually map your fields)
- Select Process on the right to process the import
More information on how to insert records using MassEffect can be found here.