Creating a registry file without saved credentials is a best practice for those also using registry files pointed to specific orgs (have saved credentials and auto-login enabled).
This is sometimes referred to as a blank (or non-org specific) registry file.
To create the “blank” registry file:
- Login to DemandTools
- DO NOT select auto login (Oauth & API) or save password (API) on the login screen
- Once logged in, DO set your Demand Tools General Setting options to the most commonly used configuration
- Click on Edit->Options->File Paths tab
- Click the Export Registry Settings button in the lower left, name and save the file.
- The file can be saved wherever is preferred but may want to save to the Desktop for quick access
- Right-Click on the file and ensure it opens with DemandTools.
- This is set by clicking on "Open With" or "Properties"
This registry file replaces the default DemandTools icon. Users can now click directly on this .reg file to launch DemandTools and be prompted to enter their username and password.