You can search a grid by the current page of results (Page Search) or the entire results set (Results Set Search).
As you begin typing in the search box at the top right of your grid, GridBuddy Cloud will automatically filter the records on the current page of your grid, looking for records that contain your search terms.
If you press enter or select the magnifying glass, GridBuddy Cloud will search across the entire results set.
- For example, if your page is displaying 1-20 of 285 Opportunity records, and you type “needs analysis” but don’t press enter, Page Search will search the 20 records on your current page for that phrase.
- Pressing Enter or selecting the magnifying glass will search all 285 records in the Opportunity set for “needs analysis.”
- Selecting the x to the right of the search box will undo the search filter and return you to your full results set.
Grid Search is NOT case sensitive. Salesforce and Dynamics datasources are included.
Examples of searches include:
- Text strings
- Numbers without formatting (commas, periods)
- Dates in ISO format (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Checkboxes (Boolean fields)
- Conditions of “true” (checked) or “false” (unchecked)
- Lookup fields, such as record type or parent account
- Terms in picklist or dropdown fields
- Status types, such as a search for “open” on open opportunities