This session takes a typical trade show list and imports it into Salesforce using PeopleImport.
- Tips for preparing your data for import
- Field Formatting: ensure zip codes don’t lose a leading zero and phone numbers aren't converted to scientific notation as well as how to concatenate multiple address lines and where to use Salesforce IDs (e.g. owner, record type).
- Field Mapping Options:
- Auto-map vs. manual mapping, checking mapped fields for “bad” data, mapping options (insert, do not update, update, update only if empty, and merge), and mapping recommendations for specific fields
- Developing Match Conditions for comparing data to Salesforce:
- Selecting fields to match on, mapping types, common pitfalls, and best practices
- Final Match Condition options for inserts
- Creating Campaign links
- Inserting Tasks
- Evaluating final results grid and processing the import
- Review of files created after the import completes:
- Final Results file and Restore file
**all public training recordings are unedited**