How do I uninstall PeopleImport?
Each computer will react differently when a user attempts to uninstall PeopleImport (or any program).
The normal process to uninstall a program from a Windows environment is as follows:
- Go to Control Panel
- Programs & Features
- Highlight (click on) PeopleImport
- Click "Uninstall"
The above process should delete the files associated to the application in the Program Files. To ensure a complete removal of the application for a fresh re-install (if this is the goal) do the following:
- Go to "My Computer"
- Double click on "Program Files"
- If still there, delete the "PeopleImport" folder thus also deleting all the sub-folders and sub-files
- This will not delete the PeopleImportData folder in your My Documents.
- Go to the "MyDocuments" folder and rename the folder, e.g. "PeopleImportData2,"
- This is suggested so the new install does not overwrite any scenarios or data you wanted to keep that was saved in that location.
- The new install will automatically create another "PeopleImport Data" folder.
Lastly, depending on the computer, a reboot maybe necessary.