PeopleImport - Version 2.1 Release Notes
To check what version you are currently running click on "i" in the lower left hand corner of the screen . If you are running an earlier version please upgrade to the latest version.
If still running a 1.X version of PeopleImport, it is recommended that all customers upgrade to this new version as soon as possible to avoid the possibility of creating duplicates when a matching record may in fact exist. PeopleImport's multi-threading architecture in combination with heavy Salesforce API traffic could result in not all records being downloaded for comparison. The download status would indicate the correct number of records were returned from the Salesforce API, but not all records were actually received by PeopleImport. This resulted in some matches NOT being detected when in fact there was a matching record. As a result duplicates can be created but NO RECORDS WILL BE UPDATED INCORRECTLY.
NOTE: This situation is very rare and sporadic in nature and only occurred when there was a large number of matching steps combined with heavy API traffic. In most cases the correct insert/update counts are returned. Changes made in this release ensure that all records are received otherwise the entire download will fail.
This new version of PeopleImport can be installed over the existing production release (do not need to uninstall the old version prior to upgrading).
As a precaution, please backup your PeopleImportData directory prior to upgrading.
Version 2.10.10 is built on API 24.0 (Spring '12). If a custom endpoint was specified in the previous version (e.g. to access a sandbox), after upgrading, the API version in the endpoint should be updated to 24.0. Using an earlier endpoint may work, but a warning will be generated when attempting to save the "proxy settings". Ideally the endpoint should be updated to ensure full compatibility.
New Features in PeopleImport 2.1
- Ability to Display/Save a Text Description of a Scenario
- Option to Save Local Scenarios
- New "Salesforce Timeout" Option Setting
- Regular Expression Mapping Type Added
- Default "New Contact - Existing Account" Matching Step Added
- Ability to Assign New Records to Partner Users New in version 2.10.04
- New Mapping Types: Regular Expression Y/N, Relaxed Domain, State Match New in version 2.10.10!
Ability to Display/Save a Text Description of a Scenario
- The details of a scenario (selections in Stages 1-4) can now be displayed in text format and even saved as a .txt file
- Click the "i" to the left of a Scenario name to display the text description
- Allows users that do not have direct access to PeopleImport to review Scenario Details
- e.g. Send to management for review/approval
Option to Save Scenarios Locally
- New option added to PeopleImport -> Options which enables the ability to save scenarios locally on the user's PC
- Allows easier re-use of scenarios across different organizations e.g.:
- Consultants working on different Salesforce Organizations
- Sharing Scenarios between production and sandbox
- Allows users to backup their own scenarios locally
New "Salesforce Timeout" Option Setting
- Avoid a Salesforce API timeout by extending the default timeout of 2 minutes to as high as 30 minutes
- Specify how many minutes PeopleImport waits to receive a response back from the API before returning an error for the request
- Helpful for very large queries that may timeout waiting to be started by the API
- NOTE: Settings beyond 10 minutes will have no effect unless approved by salesforce.com support
Regular Expression Mapping Type Added
- Ability to leverage Regular Expressions to build your own matching algorithm
Default "New Contact - Existing Account" Matching Step Added
- Stage 3 now automatically adds a default "New Contact - Existing Account" Step when electing to match to Contacts in Stage
- Added to ensure that users do not forget to check for an existing Account BEFORE electing to add a New Contact/New Account in Final Matching
- This step is optional and can be deleted if desired
Ability to Assign New Records to Partner Users
New Option added to PeopleImport -> Options, Download All User Types, which enables the ability to assign new records to Salesforce Partner Users
- Enabling this option will allow new Leads/Contacts/Accounts to be assigned to a Partner User by mapping over the user ID
- After checking the box WILL NEED TO LOGOUT AND BACK IN TO PEOPLEIMPORT for the option to take effect
- When not enabled (and attempting to assign records to a portal user), users will receive an error that the input value could not be converted to an owner ID:
- "Converting Alias or Name to ID",,,,,,,"The input value of 005A0000001MTZ8 could not be converted to an owner ID. The current Users ID was used"
- If Partner Portal is not enabled on the Salesforce instance, checked/unchecked will have no effect
New Mapping Types: Regular Expression Y/N, Relaxed Domain, State Match
- Regular Expression Y/N
- Returns a Yes or No value if the data passes the Regular Expression vs. returning the matching value or a blank like the standard Regular Expression mapping type
- For example, could create a Regular Expression to see if a field was 5 digits, blank or 5 chars:
23232 = Yes
232323 = No
Aabbc = Yes
Bob = No
- Relaxed Domain
- Matches top level domains for websites
- Matches the word before the period, i.e. “validity”
- Matches: www.validity.com -> validity.com -> http:\\www.validity.com -> validity.co.uk -> www.validity.com\demandtools\downloads
- Helpful for email to website matches.
- State Match
- Matches US State and Canadian province abbreviations to their long names
- For Example: MA -> Massachusetts, CA -> California, ON -> Ontario