Default JobBuilder Command
To function, the DemandTools .exe must be configured in the Settings menu.
- This setting determines which program runs.
- This option is disabled in the Run DemandTools command as it is specified in the Settings - Configuration section.
2. Salesforce Instance
- Specify the Salesforce Organization in which each job will be processed.
- The setup of a registry file must be completed before the instance list can be populated, learn how to do that HERE.
- The DemandTools scenario file path and any additional file paths are entered here.
- Using the selection button, select the DemandTools scenario xml file to run.
- If a job requires multiple parameters (e.g., an export via MassEffect), each parameter may be selected via the selection button or you may enter the parameter manually.
- Each parameter must be surrounded by double quotes (see image).
- Disabled in this mode
5. Run Mode
- Can be selected for each job individually
- Effects the visual performance of DemandTools
- Normal: DemandTools will open to the way it was when last closed down.
- Minimized: DemandTools will open and only show in the taskbar.
- Maximized: DemandTools will open and show on the screen.
- Allows for the specification of milliseconds that DemandTools delays before starting the next job.
7. Wait until end
- Checked (default) - waits for the completion of the previous job before launching the next job in the job list.
- DemandTools will open and close for each job.
- Unchecked - executes all jobs at the same time (i.e. if 5 jobs are in the batch, 5 DemandTools windows will open and run at the same time).
8. Scenario/Working Directory
- Disabled in the Run DemandTools command.
- Cut Job - Removes the job from the list but is able to be pasted back in (jobs pasted from a cut will be placed in as the first line item).
- Copy Job - Copies the job and all related JobBuilder settings for the job (e.g. Salesforce Instance, Wait until end, etc.). Jobs pasted from a copy will be placed in as the last line item.
- Paste Job - Pastes the job and all related JobBuilder settings for the job (e.g. Salesforce Instance, Wait until end, etc.).
- Edit Scenario - Opens the DemandTools scenario in edit mode in the DemandTools application.
- The scenario will not execute/process.
- Delete Job - Removes the job from the list
- Start Job - Executes the job (just the one job, not the entire batch)
- Select All - Selects/Highlights all jobs in the list
- Move Up - Moves the selected job up one line
- Move Down - Moves the selected job down one line