The Anubis spam filter uses several types of filters in combination:
- Content-based fingerprinting
- IP-based reputation
- IP-based blocklist
- Malware detection
Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
All incoming email is scanned, checked for viruses and malware, and given a score based on the likelihood the message is spam. The score determines whether your email is delivered to the recipient, quarantined, or blocked.
- Look up your IP reputation at the Mailspike website.
- If your IP address is listed at Spamhaus or SpamCop, go to each website and perform additional lookups to see if you can get further information about the cause.
- Perform a security review of your sending system to ensure it is not being used by an unauthorized third-party to send spam, malware, or phishing email.
- Ensure you are authenticating your email with SPF and DKIM.
- If you feel you have fixed the root cause of the issue, but your IP address is still getting listed, contact Mailspike directly.
- Be sure to list out all of the steps you took to resolve the issue. Because their resources are limited, you may not get a reply.