Ok, let’s get started.
Assuming that your list has already been uploaded to Emma, and that your field mapping is correct, we can begin the verification process from within the BriteVerify application.
1. First, we’ll start by clicking the Verify List button and selecting Emma from the list of Email Service Providers.
- If this is your first time verifying an Emma list in BriteVerify, you’ll need to enter your Emma login and password in order to link your account.
- In addition to automatically removing invalid, disposable and role emails, you also have the option to remove emails that BriteVerify determines as Risky.
- Emails with a status of either unknown or accept_all are considered risky so to be on the safe side it is best not to include them in your email marketing campaigns. This is also in keeping with industry best practices therefore recommended by most ESPs like Emma.
- Risky emails can be removed by enabling the checkbox.
2. Next choose the export destination. Leave the default selection of File. This will automatically export the cleaned contact list back to Emma when the process completes.
- By clicking Verify List you are committing to the charges associated with this verification and the process will begin.
- Depending on the file size, it may take a few minutes to complete the process. For instance, larger files with 50 thousand records, can take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to complete.
- Once the verification is complete a summary of the results will be displayed and the clean list will start transferring to Emma. Depending on the connection this may take a few minutes.
- You can get a detailed report by clicking the View Details button. The verification report will show you a detailed view of the verification process, including the total cost, and a breakdown of the different statuses found within your file.
While you have several download options if you would like to keep these for your records, this is not necessary as your Emma account has already been updated. For instance, you may choose to download a list of the Invalid emails by clicking on the Download Invalid option, or view the full report of the verification by clicking the Download All button.
And there you have it! That sums up our list verification process for Emma. Please let us know if you have any feedback related to this integration.