The BriteVerify for Salesforce managed package verifies a lead's or contact’s email address in real time through BriteVerify and displays the verification status on the page in Salesforce.
This guide covers the following steps:
- Downloading and installing the BriteVerify for Salesforce App
- Launching the Setup Assistant
- Finding your BriteVerify or Everest API key
- Assigning the Standard User permission set during setup
- Adding the BriteVerify for Salesforce Lightning component to page layouts
- New fields available in Salesforce
- Assigning permission sets after setup (optional)
To download BriteVerify for Salesforce, visit our product download page.
- If you are not already signed into your Salesforce instance, you will be prompted to sign in.
- Select the Install for All Users installation option.
- You will be prompted to approve third-party access. Make sure all boxes are checked, then select Continue. This will launch the installation process.
- Select Done when installation is complete.
The Validity BriteVerify Setup Assistant will help you connect your Salesforce org to your BriteVerify or Everest account.
- From the App Launcher (the waffle menu, or nine-dot grid at top left), go to Select All and then select Validity BriteVerify Setup Assistant.
- You can also open the App Launcher menu and then search for "Validity" from the App Launcher search bar.
- Select Get Started to continue with setup.
Generating and Adding API Keys
Select the radio button beside the API key you want to use, then enter your API key in the text box. You can use an API key from BriteVerify or from Everest, depending on your subscription.
- To add your BriteVerify API key:
- Sign in to BriteVerify from the link in Salesforce.
- From the left navigation bar, go to API Keys.
- Select Generate New Key.
- Give your key a name you will recognize, like BriteVerify for Salesforce.
- Select Server-side under Key type.
- Select Salesforce CRM under Site.
- Select Create.
- Copy the string in the Apikey column and paste it into the Api Key text box in the Salesforce BriteVerify Setup Assistant.
- Select Next.
- To add your Everest API key:
- Sign in to Everest from the link in Salesforce.
- From the left navigation bar, go to Account Settings.
- Select API Access.
- Select + New API Key. This will automatically provision a new key under Active API Keys.
- Give your key a description you will recognize, like BriteVerify for Salesforce.
- Copy the string in the API Key column and paste it into the Api Key text box in the Salesforce BriteVerify Setup Assistant.
- Select Next.
- Once you've entered the API key, you'll get a confirmation your key is valid. Select Continue.
Assigning Permission Sets
- Select View Permission Set to assign the BriteVerify for Salesforce Standard User permission set.
- Select Manage Assignments. This will open a new tab.
- Select Add Assignments.
- Check the box next to each user, then select Assign.
- You will see a confirmation message. Close this tab and return to the Setup Assistant tab, then select Next.
- Select Continue.
Adding the BriteVerify Lightning Component
- Read the component overview, then select Next twice.
- Once you reach How to Add the BriteVerify Lightning Component to Your Page, select View Lightning Pages. This will take you to the Lightning App Builder in a new tab, where you can add the Validity BriteVerify component to a Contact or Lead Lightning record page.
- You can also select Edit Page from a Contact or Lead record to get to the Lightning App Builder and add the component.
- Select Edit to add the component to an existing Lightning record page layout.
- Once in the Lightning App Builder, from the list of components on the left, find the Validity BriteVerify component under the Custom - Managed section and drag and drop it onto the page layout.
- Select Save. Then select Activate from the Page Saved modal or select Activation... from the Lightning App Builder if activation is required.
- Activate the record page as an org default, app default, or a combination of app, record type, and profile. Select Close when finished.
- Return to the Setup Assistant and select Finish to complete setup.
New Fields Available with BriteVerify for Salesforce
Once the App is installed, you will be able to add the following fields to your Contact and Lead record pages:
- BriteVerify Checked: Indicates that the email address of the record has been verified by BriteVerify
- BriteVerify Status: Stores the status of the verification when using your BriteVerify API Key
- BriteVerify Timestamp: Stores the date/time of when the email address was last verified by BriteVerify
- Verification Status: Stores the status of the verification when using your Everest API Key
Assigning Permission Sets After Setup (Optional)
Two permission sets are included with the BriteVerify for Salesforce package: the Validity BriteVerify Standard User and the Validity BriteVerify Setup User.
- Standard User: any user that will be interacting with the Validity BriteVerify component
- New users should be assigned Standard User permissions when joining the team.
- Setup User: the user completing the Setup Assistant
- This permission set is provided for cases where a non-system administrator user is implementing the Validity BriteVerify component.
- You can also use this as a reference for the permissions required to access the Setup Assistant.
In a case where the admin does not assign the Validity BriteVerify Standard User permission set during Setup Assistant, you can add it afterward.
- Navigate to Setup > User > Permission Sets and then select the permission set you would like to assign.
- From the Permission Set Overview page, select Manage Assignments.
- As with initial permission setup, select Add Assignments, then check the box next to the user(s) who need the permission set and select Assign.