Cleanse rules can easily be updated to better meet the needs of your organization. Cleaning lists are used to match similar values based on common punctuation, abbreviations, and common business prefixes, suffixes, and nicknames. These lists are customizable for language(s) and/or line of business.
Managing Cleanse Rules
From the home screen, locate the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner and click "Manage Cleanse Rule." This will open a window where you can update cleaning lists related to the Cleaned Account Name and Nickname comparison types.
We recommend that you review the default lists and customize them as needed.
Five tabs are provided for customization:
When the "existing value" is evaluated, replace it with the "new value" for matching purposes only
- Used to ignore common punctuation and match common abbreviations to the corresponding long form
- The "long" form of a word should always be listed first to avoid replacing a "portion" of a word with the new value
- e.g. If "ctr -> center" is specified the word "electric" becomes "elecenteric" and will not match correctly
- An existing value will be ignored if the new value is left blank (e.g. for common punctuation)
Ignores listed suffixes at the end of the account name name
- Will ignore multiple values, e.g. Co., Inc.
Ignores listed prefixes at the beginning of the account name
- Existing values include "The" and "Dept of"
Matches long versions of names to common nicknames or abbreviations
- The default list contains over 800 values, but you can add and remove values as needed.
Proper Case Override
Ignores the included strings when applying Proper case Name in Import and Modify
- The default list contains 59 values, but you can add, edit, and remove values as needed.
Note: These lists are not case-sensitive and punctuation should not be included in replacements (since common punctuation is already ignored), suffix or prefix.