The Forecast View filter will display the grid data as transposed, with date or picklist values from records as column headers, and the fields you edit stacked vertically. This makes it easier to compare and work with time-series data or data categorized by picklist values. A grid with the Forecast View filter enabled is similar to a Salesforce matrix report or a pivot table, except all the data is editable based on each user's permissions.
To enable the forecast view filter,
- Navigate toManage Gridsand select the 'Validity Sales Rep Pipeline- Salesforce' grid.
- Navigate toDefine Filters, and create anew filteror modify anexisting filter.
- In theGroup Byfield, make a selection. This controls the groupings that appear down the left side of your grid.
- Select theColumn grouping option. This field will only display picklist or date fields from your grid, and this determines what field will display across the top of your grid.
- Make a selection, populate theformat and sort direction fields, and clickSave.
- Return to your grid and clickRefreshto access your new filter from the filter dropdown menu.
Summaries in each grouping header appear at the top of the grid. These summaries total the entire dataset of the grid, not just the current page.
For example, if your grid has 1,000 records and the current page shows the first 100 records, the summaries will be calculated based on all 1,000 records.
The grand total summaries are shown in the light blue row at the top of the grid. Subtotal summaries are shown in the light gray rows.
In multi-currency orgs, summaries for currency fields are displayed in the org’s corporate currency, unless all records on the current page of the grid have the same currency. In this case, the summaries will be displayed in the currency of the records on the grid.
Click on grouping headers to expand or collapse the data rows within that grouping. Check the box at the left of each row to select all records in that row. See this article for mass update instructions: