Embed a grid into a Microsoft Dynamics 365 form.
- Create the GridBuddy Connect grid first in the GridBuddy Connect Wizard.
- Launch your Dynamics environment.
- At the top right of the window, open the Settings dropdown menu from the gear icon. Then select Advanced Settings. This will open a new tab.
- At the top of the window, select the Settings tab. Under the Customization column, select Customizations.
- On the Customization page, select Customize the System. This will open a popup window.
- In the popup's left navigation bar, you should see Default Solution and the Components menu should be expanded. From here, expand the Entities section. Then expand the entity you want to contain the embedded GridBuddy Connect grid. For this example, we will use the Account entity.
- Expand the Account entity and then select Forms.
- Find the name of the form where you want to embed the GridBuddy Connect grid and check the box at left.
- At the top of the forms table, select the More Actions dropdown and then select Edit. This will open a new window containing the editable Account form.
- On the Account form, select the section where you want to embed the GridBuddy Connect grid. The selected section will be outlined in solid blue.
- At the top of the window, select the INSERT tab and then the Web Resource icon. This will open the Add Web Resource popup window.
- In the Web Resource section, select the field Web resource, type
and then select the Search button. Select the matching resource from the search results.
- In the Field Name and Properties section, add a Name and Label for your GridBuddy Connect embedded grid.
- In the Web Resource Properties section, check the box beside Pass record object-type code and unique identifier as parameters.
- Switch back to your GridBuddy Connect window. In the Manage Grids tab, go to the Configuration page and find Grid Definition. Copy the Embeddable URL value to your clipboard.
- Switch back to the Add Web Resource window in Dynamics. In the Custom parameter (data) text box, paste the Embeddable URL value.
- Select the Formatting tab at the top of the window. In the Border section, uncheck the Display border box and then select OK to close the window.
- At the top of the Default Solution window, select the HOME tab.
- Select Save from the Home ribbon. Saving your edits may take a few seconds to complete.
- Select Publish from the Home ribbon, then OK in the popup window to confirm.