When you first log into DemandTools, you see your Dashboard. This page contains modules, Scenarios, settings, account information, and help resources.
Before we talk about how to navigate DemandTools, let’s first define the term scenario.
The scenario is the basic unit of DemandTools. A scenario is any corrective action to common data mistakes that you can run in DemandTools. Whenever you select a module and go through the steps, you are creating a scenario.
- A scenario includes the module, object, conditions, and field mappings you choose.
- You can use prebuilt scenarios, build your own, or modify existing scenarios to create new ones.
- If you run a scenario frequently, you can save it. It will then show up under My Scenarios. Others can share their scenarios for you to use as well.
- You can schedule existing scenarios to run at regular intervals.
From your Dashboard, in most cases you will either:
- Start a new scenario by selecting a module
- Use an existing scenario under Scenarios
Now, let’s look at each feature on the Dashboard before starting a scenario. We’ll begin with the modules in the left navigation bar.
To start a new scenario, select one of the modules from the left navigation bar on your Dashboard. (For more information about each module, visit Module Overviews: Synopsis and Common Use Cases.)
- If you just see icons but no words, select the carat icon (>) to expand the navigation bar.
In most cases, the module will pull data either from your CRM or from a file you import, such as a CSV file. From here, you select an object for the module to work on. You may also need to map fields if you are working with data from outside your CRM.
Many modules ask you to add selection conditions. You can determine how rigid or loose you want your conditions to be, and you can set up progressively more loose or more rigid conditions, depending on how much data you want to filter into or out of the dataset you create.
Each module will let you preview your results before committing to the module’s final action. As your records are being processed for preview, you can see how many records meet your criteria and cancel processing if you need to narrow things down. Once your records are processed, you can see in Preview whether you need to adjust your conditions. You can then back up to an earlier step and make changes, or you can finish the scenario, committing the module’s final action to your CRM.
Moving to the right, from the top of the page all users have Getting Started, Product Guides, Duplicate Assessment and Scenarios. Elements Edition users also see Dedupe/Merge History and Recent Activity.
The Getting Started section has video walkthroughs of DemandTools, so you get a richer understanding of how to get the most out of your account.
This section includes links to our most popular Help Center guides for quick answers to your questions.
Dedupe/Merge History (Elements Edition)
This bar graph depicts how many duplicates were found in the last Dedupe scenario run by your organization, plus how many records were merged in the process.
Recent Activity (Elements Edition)
Here you can find the most recent scenarios run on your account.
Review your duplicate numbers by object and confidence level from your most recent assessment. You can also select Refresh to run a new assessment right from your Dashboard.
Your saved scenarios are listed in this table. Use the Schedule button to schedule any scenario to run one time or at regular intervals.
To organize your scenarios:
- Filter scenarios by module. For example, you can choose to view just your Dedupe scenarios.
- Star your favorite scenarios for easy retrieval.
- Sort by any column. You can bring to the top your starred scenarios, the ones you created, the most run scenarios, and so on.
At the far right of each scenario is a menu with three vertical dots. Opening this menu gives you these options:
- Details: tells you what the scenario does
- Share: lets you share a scenario in your sandbox to any production organization you’re logged into
Moving to the top of your screen, we have Settings, Technical Support, and Account Information.
At the top right of your screen, in the header bar, you can see your username and the organization for the account you’re logged into. Selecting the down carat beside your organization opens your account information below.
When your account information is expanded, you can see:
- Account Info
- CRM Environments
Under the header bar, you can also see how many API calls DemandTools has made to your CRM, as well as how many total API calls you are allocated.
You can find your settings under the gear icon in the header.
- General Settings
- Manage Cleanse Rules
- Purge Stored Data
- Request a Feature
You can find technical support under the question mark icon in the header.
- Help Center: Articles documenting how to use DemandTools
- Support: Open a ticket
- Office Hours: Ask questions and get them answered by our experts