Record Selection Criteria is used when determining which records will be updated, exported, and/or searched in a scenario. In each module, you have the option to use all records in a specific object (default) or use record selection criteria to specify the subset of records that you need to work with. The Record Selection Criteria function supports both “and” as well as “or” conditions.
To subset records, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Click Add Selection Condition to access the Record Selection Criteria screen.
Step 2: Add conditions by choosing the Field (1), Operator (2), and Value (3) needed to properly segment your records. For example, to create a subset of records in the billing state of California, your field/operator/values would be as follows:
You may need to create multiple conditions to meet your desired segmentation. By default, conditions will be “anded” to existing conditions. To create “Or Groups” select the “Make this condition a new OR group” option (4) on the bottom left-hand corner of the condition screen.
Step 3: Once you have the condition set up to meet your needs, click Save and Close (5).
Step 4: Repeat as needed.
Details on each component of record selection criteria are below.
Select the field needed to base your condition on by choosing the corresponding field from the list provided.
- The “Field” drop down will include all fields from the object you are searching with the exception of Long Area Text fields (e.g. description fields) which are not available when creating conditions.
- To access fields in a related object, select the carrot to the left of the object name to display fields from the related object.
The operator dropdown provides a list of available operators to build the appropriate condition for your desired segmentation. Select the best operator based on your segmentation needs from the dropdown.
- The operators available will change based on the type of the field selected. For example, when a date field is selected you will see operations related to dates including: Today, This Month, This Year, Last Month, Last Year, etc.
- != represents Not Equal To
The value box will format will changed based on the field type selected.
Text Fields: Type the desired Value in the value box provided
- Search multiple values by separating each value with a comma.
- Use quotation marks if the value contains a comma (e.g. “10,000”)
- Use backslashes if the value contains double quotations (e.g. /”test”/)
Picklists: Select the desired picklist value(s) from the list provided
- Multiple values can be selected and will be translated as "or"
- Valid picklist values are shown (as defined in your CRM)
Date Fields: The current date/time will default in the value window.
- Click the calendar icon on the right to access a calendar and select a specific date.
- To isolate a specific day, regardless of time for a date/time field (e.g. created date), specify 2 conditions to isolate the 24 hour period
- (e.g. Created Date >= Jun 01 2010 00:00 AM, Created Date <= Jun 01 2010 11:59 PM)
- The value is ignored when using an operator such as "Today" or "Yesterday"
OR Group Condition Examples: