When you first access DemandTools Elements, you'll be asked to connect a Salesforce organization to your account. You can connect to a sandbox or log straight into production at this time.
- You can always add or switch to another org later on, so you're not locked into this choice.
- DemandTools respects your user's Salesforce permissions.
Choose production to begin importing, exporting, and deduping your real data immediately. You can review your results before committing any changes to Salesforce.
You should also choose production if you want to connect a developer, or dev, org. These function the same as production orgs.
If you have access to a Salesforce sandbox org, this can be a good option for testing DemandTools functionality while keeping your live data safe. With a sandbox, you can:
- Test features in trial, such as merging records in Dedupe, without affecting your data
- Try out advanced features like assignment rules
- Build confidence in your processes before rolling them out to end users
Once you’re happy with your sandbox setup, you can save the scenarios you build and share them to your production org. You can also export the data you work with in your sandbox and import it into production.