Cleanse rules can easily be updated to better meet the needs of your organization. Cleaning lists are used to match similar values based on common punctuation, abbreviations, and common business prefixes, suffixes, and nicknames. These lists are customizable for language(s) and/or line of business.
Managing Cleanse Rules
From the home screen, locate the gear icon in the upper right corner and select Manage Cleanse Rules. This will open a popup window where you can update cleaning lists related to the Cleaned Account Name and Nickname comparison types.
We recommend that you review the default lists and customize as needed.
Four tabs are provided for customization:
When the "existing value" is evaluated, replace with the "new value" for matching purposes only.
- Used to ignore common punctuation and match common abbreviations to the corresponding long form
- The "long" form of a word should always be listed first to avoid replacing a "portion" of a word with the new value
- e.g. If "ctr -> center" is specified the word "electric" become "elecenteric" and will not match correctly
- An existing value will be ignored if the new value is left blank (e.g. for common punctuation)
Ignores listed prefixes at the beginning of the relevant column value.
- For example, when the Cleaned Account Name comparison type is used, prefixes at the beginning of an Account Name would be ignored.
- Existing values include "The" and "Dept of"
Ignores listed suffixes at the end of the relevant column value.
- For example, when the Cleaned Account Name comparison type is used, suffixes at the end of an Account Name would be ignored.
- Will ignore multiple values, e.g. Co., Inc.
Matches long versions of names to common nicknames or abbreviations.
- The default list contains over 800 values, but you can add and remove values as needed.
Note: These lists are not case sensitive and punctuation should not be included in replacements (since common punctuation is already ignored), suffix or prefix.