When you first log into DemandTools File, you see your Dashboard. This page contains modules, getting started videos, product guides, dedupe/merge History, recent activity, scenarios, settings, account information, and help resources.
Before we talk about how to navigate DemandTools File, let’s first define the term scenario.
A scenario is a configuration of steps and settings for the matching conditions and merge rules you define. Scenarios can be saved and accessed for future use. Whenever you select a module and go through the steps, you are creating a scenario.
- A scenario includes the module, object, conditions, and column mappings you choose.
- You can use prebuilt scenarios, build your own, or modify existing scenarios to create new ones.
- If you run a scenario frequently, you can save it. It will then show up under My Scenarios. Others can share their scenarios for you to use as well.
- You can schedule existing scenarios to run at regular intervals.
From your Dashboard, in most cases you will either:
- Start a new scenario by selecting a module
- Use an existing scenario under Scenarios
To start a new scenario, select the Dedupe module on your Dashboard. This module will pull data from a .csv or .xlsx file you import. From here, you select columns for the module to search for duplicate rows. You can determine how rigid or loose you want your match conditions to be, and you can set up progressively more loose or more rigid matching, depending on how much data you want to filter into or out of the dataset you create.
The Dedupe module will let you preview your results before committing changes. As your rows are being processed for preview, you can see how many rows meet your criteria and return to an earlier step if you need to narrow things down. Once your rows are processed, you can see the results in Preview before finishing the scenario, committing the module’s final changes.
- Watch the Overview video for a walkthrough of the Dedupe module.
- Use Rules to Keep Your Best Data shows you how to use winner rules and column rules to automate your winner selection.
This section links you to quick resources to get the most out of DemandTools File.
This bar graph shows you the number of duplicates and merges from your most recent actions.
Recent Activity shows your last 7 days of actions in DemandTools File.
- Date: The date when the scenario was run.
- Scenario Name: The saved and unsaved scenarios that have been run by the user.
- Duplicates: Number of rows found by Dedupe scenarios.
- Merged: Number of rows included within Merge operations in Dedupe scenarios.
- File: Links to download the Merged Data or Grid Data files. These files have a 7 day export retention. Read more about the file retention and download details in this article.
Your saved scenarios are listed in this table. You can start a new Dedupe scenario from one of your saved scenarios and it will automatically populate your column matching selections and winner and column rules.
At the top right of your screen, in the header bar, you can see your username and the organization for the account you’re logged into. Selecting the down carat beside your organization opens your account information below.
When your account information is expanded, you can select options for managing your account, including:
- Account Info
- Contact Support
- Log Out
You can find your settings under the gear icon in the header.
- Manage Cleanse Rules
- Purge Stored Data
- Request a Feature
You can find the Resource Center under the question mark icon in the header.
- Validity Community: Connect and collaborate with expert DemandTools users