A deb package (.deb file) is a specific format created for Debian-based distributions identified by the .deb extension. Deb packages allow you to install DemandTools on a Linux system.
You must have a MyValidity account to download DemandTools.
- Don't have a MyValidity Account? Contact Validity Support to create an account.
- New to DemandTools? Visit our website for more support.
You must have administrator access on your desktop or laptop to install DemandTools.
Sign in to your MyValidity account.
- Select Log In at the top right of the screen.
Enter your MyValidity username and password.
- This is not the same as your Salesforce org ID, username, or password.
- Under the Products column on the left side of your screen, go to DemandTools V Release.
- Select the Download dropdown and then select Linux to automatically download the installation package.
To install the deb package:
- Locate the downloaded package in the Downloads directory.
- Right-click the Validity+DemandTools.deb package and select Open with Other Application.
- Select Software Install from the Recommended Applications.
- Click the Select button to start the installation. A new dialogue box opens with details about DemandTools.
- To install the application, select the Install button. The Authentication Required dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the password and select Authenticate to confirm the installation and wait for the installation process to complete.