Microsoft Sender Reputation Data (SRD) rate is a compliance metric used in the Validity Certification program. SRD is used in conjunction with other performance metrics from mailbox providers such Comcast, filtering providers like Cloudmark, and public blocklists. All of this data is used to evaluate and ensure compliance with the program's standards and requirements.
When your SRD performance exceeds the thresholds, suspensions can occur. If your individual IP address or IP group is out of compliance, the associated IP addresses are suspended and lose Certification benefits at Microsoft.
SRD and Group SRD thresholds
There are two different types of SRD enforcement:
- Individual IP address enforcement
- IP addresses are evaluated and enforced when at least 5 total SRD votes are present.
- Group IP enforcement
- We enforce the Group SRD standard if you have 2 or more certified IPs.
- The Group SRD standard only applies when the IP group has 10 or more total votes. (Your IP group consists of all certified IPs within your Certification account.)
- We do not suspend any IPs that have 0 Junk Votes, even if the IP group is out of compliance.
Both of these SRD thresholds are applied based on 30-day aggregate totals.
|11 or more
|5 Junk Votes
|Group SRD Volume
|51 or more
|Group SRD Rate Threshold
SRD and Group SRD metric definitions
If you are unfamiliar with the different SRD metrics that are used within Certification, please refer to the definitions below.
- SRD Volume is the total number of SRD (Junk or Not Junk) votes submitted by Microsoft SRD panelists that are also on your subscriber list.
- SRD Rate Threshold is the threshold that is used for individual IP address compliance. It is calculated by taking the total number of Junk Votes an IP received and dividing it by its total SRD Volume.
- Group SRD Volume is the total number of SRD (Junk or Not Junk) votes your IP group has received from the Microsoft SRD panelists that are also on your subscriber list.
- Group SRD Rate Threshold is the threshold that is used for IP group compliance. It is calculated by taking the total number of Junk Votes your IP group received and dividing it by the IP group's total SRD Volume.