* This article applies to BriteVerify and Everest List Validation users. Everest List Validation users should use the Everest List Validation API.
The Real-Time Single Transaction API is a simple JSON-based REST Web Service that allows you to verify email addresses, phone numbers, and U.S. and Canadian mailing addresses on demand as a user enters them in a web form or mobile application.
What is it for?
Customers are humans like the rest of us and are prone to misspelling or other input errors. This API is designed to help you verify data at the point of collection, wherever that may be. If your system allows you to create custom form code, the potential for applications is broad.
Some examples include:
- Contact, newsletter, loyalty, and account creation forms
- E-commerce order forms
- Data entry forms for internal systems
- Read through the documentation for the API that you want to use.
- Review the best practice guidelines:
- Create a BriteVerify account.
- Create an API Key in the API Keys tab, and make sure that it is active.
- Get verifying!