When Everest checks mailboxes for your mail, we look in all of the obvious places: inbox, spam folders, tabs, trash, etc. Missing mail is made up of messages that we definitively know did not reach a mail server.
Missing results within our application mean that our seed address did not receive the message in the Inbox or Spam folder. It is possible that your message was blocked or was not properly sent. Please check your logs to see if the message has bounced or shows as delivered.
If the majority of your campaign is showing missing, it is possible that you did not include all of the seed addresses in your send. Check Inbox Placement > Manage Seed List for the most up-to-date seed addresses.
If you just recently sent your campaign and you are seeing missing messages, it is possible that your messages are being rate limited by your MTA.
Here are some of the provider-level reasons your mail may go missing:
- The mail server rejected the message outright
- The mail server received your message, but chose not to accept it because of spam/content filter results, reputation issues, blocklisting, etc.
- The mailbox provider is throttling your inbound messages and has not accepted the mail yet
Mail could show as missing in Everest for several reasons. Select your situation:
- Your Everest inbox test is showing as 100% missing
- You mailed two versions of a campaign and one is showing 100% missing
- Some, but not all, of your mail is consistently going missing
- A test sent to the Everest seed list is not appearing in Everest Inbox Placement
For Everest to diagnose why your mail is showing as missing, we may ask for the full SMTP Conversation Logs for the campaign in question. Being able to see why something may have bounced at that endpoint or just to confirm successful handshake with the 250 OK response gives us insight as to where along the chain of events we can pinpoint the failure.
If you have any questions, simply submit a request to Validity Support.