Your MyValidity account controls access to Validity products such as DemandTools V, DemandTools Elements, GridBuddy Connect, and the Universal Feedback Loop based on user roles. Admins can set these roles for all users on your account. You do not need to be an admin in your CRM to be an Admin in your Validity account.
*Please refer to this article for important information about Salesforce permissions and DemandTools users.
There are three types of roles a user under your Validity account can have.
- Admin: This role allows users access to the account and product assigned, as well as the ability to manage users, invite new users, and see billing information.
- Standard: This role allows users access to the account and products assigned, but prevents the user from being able to manage users, invite new users, or see billing information.
- Basic: This role type allows users access to products assigned only.
In addition, DemandTools V allows Custom roles. This role type allows users access to the account and select modules, but restricts access to other modules. For example, a user assigned a Marketing role might have access only to Match and Import.
Up to five custom roles can be created, for a total of eight possible roles.
If you are an Admin, when you click on the Users tab, you will see the following screen:
Standard and basic users will see fewer options.
If you are a standard or basic user and would like to have another user added to your account, contact an Admin on your account to have the user added.
Managing Users on an Account
Once you sign into your MyValidity account, navigate to Account Info and then the Users tab. From here, you have several options.
As an Admin, you can:
- Search for a user
- Add a user
- Delete a user
- Manage user roles
- Export users
- Import users
Search for a User
From the Users tab, enter the user's first name, last name, or email address into the search box.
Add a User
Select Invite User, then fill out all the required fields and select Invite. This will trigger a reset password email to the user, which they can use to finish setting up their account.
After the user has set up their Validity account, please direct them to go MyValidity and log in, then download the DemandTools app.
Delete a User
Select the trash bin icon next to the name of the user you want to delete, then select Delete from the confirmation window.
Note: Deleting users removes them from accessing their MyValidity Account. In order to restrict a user from accessing DemandTools, please be sure you also remove their access to the org or edit their Salesforce permissions.
Manage User Roles
For existing roles, search for the user whose role you would like to edit, then select the pencil icon to the right of the user. Update the role using the dropdown menu, then Save and Close.
Once you have selected a new role for the user, have that user log out and log back in for the new role settings to take effect.
Create Custom Roles
You can choose to export a CSV of the users on your account. When you select Export Users, the CSV will download to your desktop automatically.
You can also import and update users from a CSV file. The CSV must contain a header row and the following required fields: First Name, Last Name, Email, Role (Standard, Admin, or Basic).
Optionally, you can also add a Product field to assign product licenses. The following products are valid to list in this column:
- GridBuddy Connect
Products are not case sensitive, but correct spacing must be observed.
- Correct: GridBuddy Connect
- Correct: Gridbuddy connect
- Correct: GRIDBUDDY CONNECT
- Incorrect: Grid Buddy Connect
- Incorrect: Gridbuddyconnect
Using bulk actions, you can assign roles, assign/unassign products, and delete users. Check the boxes to the left of each user you want to include in the bulk action. Check the box beside the USER label to include all users shown on the page.
Note: Only users shown on the page are included when you check this box. If users are listed on more than one page, repeat these steps with each page of users you want to include.
- Assign Role: Select the Assign Role dropdown beside the Bulk Actions label. Then select the radio button for the role you wish to assign. Finally, choose Save and Close.
Assign/Unassign Products: Select the Assign Products dropdown beside the Bulk Actions label. Then check the products you want to assign or unassign to these users.
- Note: Only per-user licensed products are available to be assigned.
- Delete Users: Select the Delete Users button at the far right of the Bulk Actions row. You will be prompted to confirm the action using the Proceed button.
- Caution: Deleting users cannot be undone. Only proceed if you are sure you wish to delete these users and no users you wish to keep are included in the bulk action.