Dedupe and Modify Scenarios can easily be migrated from DemandTools 2.91 to the DemandTools V Release using the migration tool in the settings menu.
To migrate scenarios from DemandTools 2.91 to the DemandTools V Release, follow the steps below:
- Log in to DemandTools V
- Click the Settings icon and select Migrate Scenarios & Rules
- Locate the Scenario you wish to migrate and click the Select button
- DemandTools currently supports Single Table Dedupe (Dedupe) and MassImpact (Modify) scenario migration.
- To request support for additional modules, submit a feature request.
- Open the DemandToolsData folder which is preloaded in your computer's Documents files.
- If you elected to save the Scenarios elsewhere on your computer, open the folder where your DemandTools Scenarios are saved.
- Click on the Scenario you wish to migrate and click Select
- When you are migrating scenarios, if an un-migratable option is selected in the legacy version, it is ignored in the new version. Examples include: Process Blank, Fit to Grid, and Update Unchanged Records.
- Ensure the correct scenario name is listed and click Migrate
- An error dialog box appears if the scenario name already exists. Either you already migrated that scenario or created a new scenario with the same name.
- Change the scenario name and repeat steps 2 - 6.
- Check that your scenario migrated successfully by searching My Scenarios