Scenarios from select modules can easily be migrated from DemandTools 2.91 to the DemandTools V Release using the migration tool in the settings menu.
To migrate scenarios from DemandTools 2.91 to the DemandTools V Release, follow the steps below:
- Log in to DemandTools V.
- Click the Settings icon and select Migrate DT 2.91 Scenarios & Rules.
Locate the Scenario you wish to migrate and click the Select button.
- DemandTools currently supports Single Table Dedupe (Dedupe), Lead Conversion (Convert), Reassign Ownership (Reassign), and MassImpact (Modify) scenario migration.
- Any rules related to scenarios you are migrating also need to be migrated at the same time to maintain their association to the scenario.
- To request support for additional modules, submit a feature request.
Open the DemandToolsData folder which is preloaded in your computer's Documents files.
- If you elected to save the Scenarios elsewhere on your computer, open the folder where your DemandTools Scenarios are saved.
Click on the Scenario you wish to migrate and click Select.
When you are migrating scenarios, if an un-migrateable option is selected in the legacy version, it is ignored in the new version. Examples include: Process Blank, Fit to Grid, and Update Unchanged Records.
- Convert: Lead ID mapping is populated on Step 1. Any optional matching ID used within DemandTools 2.91 is not migrated. Matching IDs other than Lead ID (e.g., Account ID or Contact ID) can be matched on within Step 2: Match Conditions.
- Reassign: While the scenario will successfully migrate, DemandTools V requires Owner ID to be mapped from the input file. You will need to address this in your input file to ensure both the new Owner ID and Record ID are available to be mapped in step 1.
- When you are migrating scenarios, if an un-migrateable option is selected in the legacy version, it is ignored in the new version. Examples include: Process Blank, Fit to Grid, and Update Unchanged Records.
- Ensure the correct scenario name is listed and click Migrate.
An error dialog box appears if the scenario name already exists. Either you already migrated that scenario or created a new scenario with the same name.
- Change the scenario name and repeat steps 2 - 6.
- Check that your scenario migrated successfully by searching My Scenarios