Modify allows you to replace the value of selected fields using pre-built or custom formulas to determine how the data in the field is updated.
Common use cases include:
- Utilize the pre-built ProperCaseName formula to ensure Account Names and Contact Names are always in proper case format.
- Concatenate 2 text fields into one single field. For example, set the Opportunity Name equal to the Account Name + Account Source.
- Standardize North American or International phone numbers using either the NAPhoneFix or IntlPhoneFix pre-built formulas.
Step 1: From the Change Values step of Modify, select the "Formula" Modify Action. This will take you to the Formula window where you will build your custom formula or select a pre-built formula to use.
Step 2: From the Formula window select the field to update and build your formula.
(1) Select the field you want to update.
(2) Select the desired pre-built formula from the Functions dropdown. The base formula will now appear in the Formula Editor.
(3) Remove the word "text" from the parentheses of the base formula and then (4) select the field name from the drop down.
Step 3: Use your Check Formula to ensure your syntax is correct. When your formula is correct, click Save and Close.