In the standard PeopleImport workflow, when a user imports records:
- Some records match leads and update the leads.
- Some match contacts and update the contacts.
- On the final match step, they create new records (either new leads or new contacts).
PeopleImport also creates contacts on existing accounts. To achieve this in DemandTools Import, however, there are a couple of extra steps.
If records for import have no AccountID field, and there is an account match step, only the account will be updated. New contacts will not be associated with existing accounts. The user can first go through the Match module and match on account name to find the AccountID, then proceed.
For records that do have an AccountID field, follow these steps:
- During field mapping, the AccountID field must be mapped.
- On the final match step, the user should select Create New Contact.
- Then the new contact will be created and associated with the AccountID.