Tune allows you to manually update records instantly and directly within DemandTools with an easy to use grid view that you can manipulate in a variety of ways including filtering, and autosizing.
Common Use Cases:
- Find orphaned records
- Quickly edit a field
- Quickly update/transform an entire column of data
Step 1: Select the object you want to edit
From the dropdown menu, select the object that includes the record/s that you want to update.
Step 2: Add a Selection Condition
Add the record selection criteria to find the records that you need to update.
Step 3: Select the fields you want to show in the preview
From the panel on the right side, check the boxes for the fields you want DemandTools to show on the preview and select Preview.
The Processing Records message shows how far from completing the process DemandTools is.
Step 4: Organize your grid view
The results grid will display fields selected in Step 1. You have the option to rearrange columns as needed.
Step 5: Update your records
These are the updates you can perform with Tune:
- Edit fields
- Update/transform records
- Delete records
- Merge records
- Export your grid data
**Important** Tune updates the records instantly in your CRM but you can revert the action by selecting the individual or multiple records and select Revert from the upper right corner. This will restore the selected records back to their original value.
- Select the field you want to update by double-clicking the field.
- Edit the field and select enter. The field now shows a light green background which indicates that the update is successful.
- Select multiple fields by left-clicking on a field and dragging it until all the fields you want to update are selected, or select a field, hold the shift key and select another field to select all fields in between. If the fields you want to update are separated, hold command (on a mac) or ctrl (on a pc) while left-clicking on the specific fields.
- Right-click on the selected fields and select Transform from the menu, select the option that fits the update you want to complete. Once the update is successful, the field background turns light green.
Update/Transform multiple records by column:
- Left-click on the column header's hamburger menu
- Choose the update you want to perform, from the Transform column data options and select Transform. Once the update is complete, the affected fields will have a light green background and at the top of the grid, a banner shows the number of successfully updated records.
- Select the record/s you want to delete by checking the box on the left of the record.
- Select Delete from Record actions on the bottom.
- Select the duplicate records you want to merge by checking the box on the left of the record and select Merge from Record actions.
- Select a winning record from the duplicate records and select Merge.
To revert the changes:
- Select the record you just edited by checking the box on the far left of the row and select Revert from the upper right corner of the grid. This will revert the field to its original value.
- If you need to export the data with the same grid you are working on, select the Export Grid Data button in the bottom right corner. This will generate a .csv file that will be saved to the destination of your choice.