User receives "Unable to find valid certification path" error when logging in to DemandTools:
This error is thrown when DemandTools has an issue accessing the local Java Certificate needed to communicate with your Salesforce account. When initialized, DemandTools looks for a Java certificate. You may encounter this error if:
- The certificate does not exist
- The certificate has been moved
- Your company network uses a server that intercepts traffic between DemandTools and the internet
- If your company uses an interception server, the IT team most likely handles its configuration and may be able to allow this server to use a publicly accepted certificate by updating the SSL Certificate. Validity is not able to do this on our customers' behalf.
- If the interception server mentioned above cannot have the SSL certificate updated, your company's IT team will have to obtain the certificate file for that server and add it to the Java truststore that DemandTools uses (via "Import Certificate").
Work with your company's IT team to verify the proper path of the Java certificate or make adjustments to your company's network configuration and firewalls.