Can I use DemandTools to insert Opportunity Team Member Records?
Yes. The MassEffect module can be used to insert records into the OpportunityTeamMember table. Here are the steps:
NOTE: Users need to upgrade to DemandTools 2.7 before inserting the new Team Members as Salesforce CHANGED the sharing tables starting in API 37.0 (which is the API version DemandTools 2.7 is built on). Prior to this change if wanting to insert Team Members with increased sharing levels users needed to do 2 inserts, one to the OpportunityShare table and another to the OpportunityTeamMember table. Starting in API 37.0 users ONLY need to insert into the OpportunityTeamMember table as the Opportunity access level is now a field in the OpportunityTeamMember table.
- Export the Opportunity records to add the Team Members to.
- Right click on the Opportunity Table name in MassEffect to export
- The Opportunity ID will be automatically included in the export, but you may want to export a few other fields to verify you are getting the correct subset of records.
- Add the following columns to the exported spreadsheet from step 1:
- UserID (for the user to be added as the Team Member)
- Team Member Role
- Opportunity Access Level (or you can use our "Add Constant" options for this field).
- Use MassEffect to Insert records into the OpportunityTeamMember table.
- Either auto-map all the fields (if they have all been added to the input file) or auto-map the Opportunity ID and User ID, then use "Add Constant" to hard code the remaining fields.
NOTE: DO NOT select "All" as an access level. This does show as a picklist value for access level, but it is reserved for the Opportunity Owner ONLY.