MassEffect can be used to undelete records from the Salesforce recycle bin. ONLY soft deleted records that are still in the recycle bin can be undeleted. Hard deleted records and soft deleted records that have been flushed from the recycle bin CANNOT be undeleted.
A single mapping to the ID in the appropriate table is all that is required to undelete the records. When undeleting a record any child records that were also deleted due to a cascading delete will also be restored.
Records that were deleted via a cascading delete can ONLY be recovered by undeleting the parent record.
Step 1. Select Incoming Data Source
Begin by selecting the input file that contains the Id's of the records to be undeleted.
1. Select the file by clicking Select File
- Browse to find the file and click "Open"
2. If an .xls, .xlsx, .mdb or .accdb file has been chosen the user must select the worksheet/table name to process by clicking on it (will highlight in blue)
- Click Use on the right or double click to select (the fields from the spreadsheet/table will populate in the left column of the page)
- The number of records loaded will be displayed in red
- Read CSV as UTF8: Select this option to force files to open in UTF-8 encoding, even if they were saved in a different format
- Ensures that special characters are imported correctly
Step 2. Select the Undelete Records Operation
Undeletes records for one object per pass
- Any child records that were also deleted due to a cascading delete will also be restored when the parent is undeleted
- NOT available with Bulk API
Step 3. Field Mappings
Map the Id field from the input file to the Id field in the desired Salesforce object.
- Mapping a field can be accomplished by dragging the field from the left to the corresponding field in the object's field in the middle (left mouse click) OR by right clicking the object header in the middle and selecting AutoMap
Step 4. Process the Undelete
To perform the chosen operation click in the lower right
- By default ALL the input rows will be processed
- When using an xls, xlsx or csv file as the input source only specific rows can be selected for processing by changing the starting and ending rows using the Control option on the right
- To process the first row from a data source change the End number to 1
- Changing the Start/End values allows for testing a small portion of the input file before processing the entire file
A Status pop-up will be displayed when the operation is complete noting if there were any errors and listing any results files created (e.g. Logfile, Success/Error Files, IdSave files, Restore files). Links are provided to access the results file DIRECTLY from the status pop-up.
No results files are created when undeleting records.