Select Object to Update and Fields to Show
1. Select Object to Update
- Any object in Salesforce can be selected for update (Salesforce permitting). Pick the object from the drop down list and click "Use Object". This will load all the fields from that table to be selected on the confirmation grid in Step 2.
2. Select Fields to Show
- Select fields to show on the final confirmation grid.
- To select a field, click on the corresponding check box
- To select a field from a related object, click the triangle next to the name of the object and click the checkbox for the desired field
- Select fields that will be affected by the change and any other fields that will aid in validating the change(s)
- After selecting fields from a related object, collapse the field set by clicking the "-" sign next to the object name
- Selected fields will appear on the right hand side of the screen
- Fields will be displayed on the results grid in the order in which they were added
- Fields can be dragged and dropped to any position in the list and all other fields will be automatically re-numbered accordingly
Quick ways to find a desired field:
1. Right click in the list of fields to bring up a Filter field option
2. Type the first letter of a field name to scroll to the first field with that character
Click in the bottom right hand corner to move to Step 2.