Specify criteria for how the Leads will be compared against existing Contacts and Accounts. The user can select from a near unlimited (within reason) number of Contact and Account matches. When a match is found the Lead will be converted into the matching record.
- Once a Lead is matched to an existing Contact/Account it will not be re-evaluated in a subsequent step
- Steps will be evaluated in order, therefore more rigid steps should come before looser steps
- Contact Matching Steps will always be evaluated before Account Matching Steps
- The Final Match Step will determine how to handle Leads that did not match any existing Contacts or Accounts
- Option to Do Nothing (leave as a Lead) or Create a New Contact/Account
- Various techniques are available to find non-exact, but similar matches, for Company/Account Names, First Names, Phone and Address data
- Customization's can also be made to the Account Cleaning List to specify how the Cleaned Account Name mapping type identifies duplicate Account or Company names
- The user has complete control over which fields should be included in the matching steps and can create as many matching steps as desired in order to create a multi-pass strategy all IN ONE SCENARIO
- Each Match Step can contain multiple match conditions (e.g. matching multiple fields)
- When more than one match condition is used in a step, the conditions are "AND'd" together
- To remove a match condition, click the blue box to highlight the condition and select "delete" on the PC
- In the event there are multiple matches for the same Lead, a Default Record Selection option is available to specify which matching record the Lead should be converted into
Since input data can be compared to Salesforce data with multiple match steps, we suggest creating more than one match step to maximize the matching possibilities. More rigid steps will need less review than looser steps when evaluating the results to ensure accurate matches were detected.
Step by Step Instructions
Contact and Account Matching Steps
Note: If the Select from file, or Select from DupeBlocker tabs were chosen in Step 1, the Add Contact/Account Matching Step buttons will be unavailable.
1. Add Contact/Account Match Step: Select to add a matching step for the desired object
- If matching to BOTH Contacts and Accounts users will need to add Contact Matching Steps first
- The tool will ensure that Contact Steps are always ordered BEFORE any Account Steps
2. Add Mapping Condition: Select to add a new field to match on
3. Lead Field: Select the Lead field to match from the drop-down list of fields
4. Contact/Account Field: Select the Contact/account field to match from the drop-down list of fields
5. Match Category: Typically left as "All" to display all the Mapping Types available
6. Mapping Type: Determines how the fields will be matched
- Various techniques available to find non-exact, but similar matches
- Detailed Mapping Type definitions can be found HERE
7. Mapping Options - Fuzzy, Transpose & Alpha Clean: Optional techniques to further "loosen" match
- Match Blank Values: Check this box to download records where the selected field is blank in Salesforce
- A match will only be made if the Lead/Contact/Account have a value that matches, or all records have a blank value for this field
- Detailed Mapping Option definitions can be found HERE
8. Edit Account Cleaning List/Edit Nickname List: Click these buttons to edit the Account Cleaning List used with the "Cleaned Account Name" mapping type and the Nickname list used with the "First Name" mapping type
- These lists are customizable for language(s) and/or line of business
- We recommend that customers review these lists and customize as needed for better matching
***Repeat steps 2-7 until all matching criteria has been entered in a specified step***
9. Add/Manage Matching Steps
- 1. Add Contact/Account Matching Step: Click to add additional matching steps
- 2. Each Step can be given a unique name
- The Match #: is static and cannot be changed
- This will ensure that all steps are shown in the order they were evaluated in the results grid
- 3. Steps can be Moved, Deleted, or Cloned using the buttons on the right
- Account Steps cannot be moved above Contact Steps
10. Default Record Selection: If a Lead matches multiple records in a step, this option will determine which matching record to convert the Lead into
- Oldest/Newest Record based on created date
- Last Modified Record based on last modified date
- If the Active Owner box is checked, will pick the record meeting the criteria that is ALSO owned by an active owner
- e.g. Oldest Record owned by an active owner
Final Match Step
All passes will have a Final Match Step. This step will determine what to do with any Leads that DO NOT match existing Contacts or Accounts.
1. If the Select from File tab is chosen in Step 1, this step will be used to specify the desired Lead Conversion Settings.
2. If the Select from DupeBlocker tab is chosen in Step 1, this step will have a Default Record Selection option (in case the Warning contains multiple matching Contacts or Accounts), and Lead Conversion Settings.
Detailed information on the Lead Conversion Settings can be found HERE.
1. Final Match Lead Options: Do Nothing or New Contact/Account
- Do Nothing: This is typically selected by default and will NOT convert any Leads that do not match Contacts/Account (will remain as Leads)
- New Contact/Account: Select this option to create a new Contact and new Account for each Lead that did not match any existing records
2. New Account Duplicate Prevention Settings: When New Contact/Account is selected, there is an additional option to Limit new Account duplicates by field
- Check this option to avoid creating duplicate NEW Accounts for the Leads converted in this step, e.g. when there are 2 or more Leads for the SAME company
- If left unchecked, EVERY Lead converted in this step will have a NEW Contact and NEW Account created
3. When the Limit option is checked, the user will be able to specify matching criteria using fields from the Lead table to determine if multiple Leads are from the same company.
Lead 1: John Doe Acme Inc.
Lead 2: Mike Smith Acme Inc.
Lead 3: Mary Jones ABC Company
Lead 4: Jane Wilson Acme Co
**Limit option CHECKED - Matching Company using Cleaned Account Name
New Account created - Acme Inc. with THREE new Contacts (John Doe, Mike Smith, Jane Wilson)
New Account created - ABC Company with ONE new Contact (Mary Jones)
**Limit option UNCHECKED
New Account created - Acme Inc. with ONE new Contact (John Doe)
New Account created - Acme Inc. with ONE new Contact (Mike Smith)
New Account created - ABC Company with ONE new Contact (Mary Jones)
New Account created - Acme Co with ONE new Contact (Jane Wilson)