ALL cell updates and records marked for deletion will be posted to Salesforce when one of the 2 post data options are selected on the left. Individual rows or groups of rows can also be updated by right-clicking on the row(s) and selecting Update Rows.
- To review all changes PRIOR to posting select in the Limit Records control section on the left
- Reminder: Can right click on any cell, or column and Revert to Original for any changes that should not be posted
- Restore files will be created for all updated records
- PowerGrid restore files are located in DemandToolsData\Restore and will begin with the prefix "GridRestore"
- Restore files can be processed as updates in the MassEffect module
Note: Because of the unique way PowerGrid stores changes, restore files will always be csv files regardless of the Default Restore File Extension in DemandTools Options.
Post Data -> Exit: Pushes the changes made in the grid to Salesforce and DOES NOT rebuild the grid with the updated fields
- This option is typically selected when the user is DONE with the grid
- Completes the changes faster than the second option as the grid does not need to be refreshed with the changes
Post Data: Pushes the changes made in the grid to Salesforce and refreshes the grid with the updated fields
- This option is best used for an "interim" post, e.g. post what has been done so far then continue to evaluate the grid data for additional changes
Update Rows: Right-click on the row(s) to be updated to select the option to update JUST those rows