The DemandTools MassImpact module is a multi-table data manipulator which can be used to modify hundreds or thousands of EXISTING records WITHOUT importing or exporting.
MassImpact allows the administrator to select specific records in Salesforce and have changes uniformly applied to the entire selection set thus allowing the administrator to develop and maintain data standards by developing corrective actions (scenarios) to common data mistakes. These changes can be uniform across the records, formula based changes, counts of sub-objects or even updating a field value to data in another field (e.g. update shipping addresses fields with data from the business address fields).
Any field in any object in Salesforce (API permitting) can be mass modified using the MassImpact data manipulation module.
MassImpact is for UPDATING existing records only. To import, insert, upsert, delete, undelete or export records use the MassEffect module (update too).
Capabilities & Features
- Multi-Table joins
- Change Salesforce data WITHOUT import or export (changes take place at the Salesforce Data Center)
- Perform updates from data on a joined table (e.g. update Contact fields based on Account fields)
- Create and save custom scenarios
- Update field values with hard coded values, data from another field, or formula based changes
- Ability to count sub-objects and sum fields on related tables
- Able to be used with custom objects
- Can be scheduled through Windows Task Scheduler and/or DemandTools JobBuilder
- Ability to update large results sets with Bulk API
- Perform data standardization functions to normalize data across records
- Transferring account address information to associated contacts
- Concatenating field values from multiple fields into one
Click HERE for detailed instruction on MassImpact Step 1
Click HERE for detailed instruction on MassImpact Step 2
Click HERE for detailed instruction on MassImpact Step 3
Click HERE for detailed instruction on MassImpact Formulas