Specify the criteria to be used when looking for duplicates, including the fields to be matched and the desired matching technique (does not have to be exact matches).
When running a pre-built scenario, the match criteria is pre-populated, but can be modified to fit each individual user's needs
- To change a field, click on the box of the field name and choose the new field. The mapping type should be reviewed if the field is changed
- To change the mapping type, click in the box of the mapping type and choose a suitable option
- If a single row/condition needs to be removed, click the box to the left of the criteria and click the "Delete" key on the keyboard
- Clear Mapping: Clears out all mapping (on bottom left of the screen)
Step by Step Instructions
1. Add Mapping Condition: Select to add a new field to match on
2. Field to Match: Select field to match from drop-down list of fields
Quick ways to find a desired field:
- Right click in the list of fields to bring up a Filter field option.
- Type the first letter of a field name to scroll to the first field with that character.
3. Match Category: Typically left as "All" to display all the Mapping Types available in step 4
4. Mapping Type: Various techniques are available to find non-exact, but similar matches
5. Fuzzy, Transpose & Alpha Clean: Optional techniques to further "loosen" match
- Match Blank Values: Check this box to download records where the selected field is blank in Salesforce. A match will only be made if all records in the dupe group have a value and it matches or all records have a blank value for this field
- A blank cannot be "matched" to a non-blank
- A subsequent pass without matching on that particular field will find these duplicates
6. Edit Account Cleaning List/Edit Nickname List: Click these buttons to edit the Account Cleaning List used with the "Cleaned Account Name" mapping type and the Nickname list used with the "First Name" mapping type
- These lists are customizable for language(s) and/or line of business
- We recommend that customers review these lists and customize as needed for better matching
- Complete details of the Mapping Types/Options can be found HERE
- Repeat steps 1-5 until all matching criteria has been entered
- ALL selected fields must match
- Conditions are AND'd together
- To remove one matching item, click the box on the left to highlight, and select "delete" on your keyboard
Note: When running de-dupe passes, DemandTools will only download the records for comparison where the fields being matched upon are populated. This is one of the main reasons we recommend a multiple-pass dedupe strategy. Click HERE for Dedupe Best Practices.
Select to search for potential duplicates and move to Step 3 to analyze and process.
Click HERE for more information on SingleTable Dedupe - Step 3