Objects to Reassign
Step 1. Select Object to Reassign Ownership
Any object can be selected for reassignment (Salesforce permitting). Pick the object from the drop down list and click Use Object.
Step 2. Specify Where Conditions or Use Record ID's from File
Subset which particular records will be reassigned. There are 2 ways to do this:
1. Use Where Condition
- Specify conditions to select the records to be reassigned
- Find all Accounts where the Owner Alias = Laurie
- More information on creating conditions can be found HERE
2. Use Record ID's From File
- Read in a file of specific Record ID's with or without Owner ID's to be reassigned.
- Click on Use Record ID's From File tab to bring up the Select File window.
1. Select the file. Supported files include xls, xlsx, csv, mdb (32bit only), accdb, and udl.
2. For xls, xlsx, mdb, accdb files, also need to select the appropriate worksheet or table. Highlight and click Select (or double click the sheet to use).
- The number of records loaded will appear on the left in red, e.g. 1142 Records Loaded.
3. Select the field that contains the Record ID from the input file. Click the arrow on the right to access fields in the spreadsheet.
4. Optionally select the field that contains the new OwnerID from the input file.
- Only OwnerID's can be selected (Owner Alias or Owner Name are not allowed).
- If OwnerID's are selected, an option to Reassign to owner given in key input file will be activated on the Final Use Match in Step #2. This option will need to be selected to use the OwnerIDs from the file.
- Leave the field selection as Select OwnerID Field blank if you do NOT wish to assign the new owner based on OwnerID in the input file. In this case, the new Owner(s) will be specified in Step #2.
Step 3. Fields to Display in Final Output
Select fields to show on the final confirmation grid.
- To select a field on the selected object table, click on the corresponding check box
- To select a field from a related table, click the triangle next to the name of the object and click the checkbox for the desired field
- Select fields that will be affected by the change and any other fields that will aid in validating the change(s)
- After selecting fields from a table of a related object, collapse the field set by clicking the "-" sign next to the object name.
- Selected fields will appear on the right hand side of the screen
- Fields will be displayed on the results grid in the order in which they were added
- Fields can be dragged and dropped to any position in the list and all other fields will be automatically renumbered accordingly
Quick ways to find a desired field:
1. Right click in the list of fields to bring up a Filter field option.
2. Type the first letter of a field name to scroll to the first field with that character.
Click Step 2 - Conditions and Settings in the bottom right hand corner to move to Step 2.